- Excellent tool for progressive hand therapy in four densities
- Safely supports hot and cold therapy in refrigerator or microwave for use at temperature most comfortable and appropriate for the hand
- Ideal putty replacement supports a variety of finger, hand, wrist and forearm exercises with applications ranging from rehab and stretching to strength training
- Economical, intuitive, easy to clean and portable for use at the crag, on the road, in the office or at home
- Wash with soap and water, if needed, dusty lightly with corn starch or baby powder to reduce stickiness
What is the Hand Xtrainer?
This tool helps strengthen the finger extensor muscles and tendons in the back of the hand, wrist and fingers. Perform isometric holds at varied angles to mirror the muscle actions of the fingers while climbing.
How Long Do I Perform the Exercises For?
Perform for 3 sets of 30 seconds. Your hold times during the 30 seconds will vary based on your preferred style of climbing—they should be roughly the same length of time you grip holds on the rock (see chart below).
How Do You Use the Hand Xtrainer?
Place your fingers through the holes, hold your hand in the chosen of climbing specific position, and press your fingers outward on the device until your feel tension in the back of your fingers, wrist and forearms.