This is the most advanced medical evaluation developed for climbers. Your mobility, muscle strength, movement and climbing technique are all assessed and scored to give you a personal blueprint of your body, identifying all asymmetries and imbalances. This will help you prevent or rehabilitate injury and take your climbing to the next level.
Doctor Vagy has an extremely high workload. It is for this reason that he accepts a limited number of private therapy clients each month. To inquire about rates and availability please contact: Jared@theclimbingdoctor.com
Professional Climber Testimonials
The Climbing Doctor has worked with many of the top professional climbers in the world. Their feedback has been instrumental in developing the highest quality injury prevention, rehabilitation and performance training system.
Sasha Digiulian – World Champion Climber
The evaluation detailed the fine specifics of my climbing technique and related it to my strengths and weaknesses. It was really useful. I can totally feel what Dr. Vagy says about how my muscles have imbalances. So seeing that and thinking how I can apply the information to my own climbing was key. The evaluation gives awareness to what you are doing right and wrong and will help you seek gains in your own performance.
Jonathan Siegrist – 5.15 Sport Climber
The evaluation was a thorough, hands on investigation into my bodies imbalances and strengths and weaknesses. It gave me answers and suggestions for moving forward as an athlete. Dr. Vagy is a knowledgeable consultant with a clearly enormous understanding of movement and the athletic body. It has really made a difference in my climbing. Dr. Vagy was hugely helpful. I attribute a lot of the knowledge he helped me out with to my success this year climbing.
Josh Levin: 19 Time Youth National Champion
There are no other evaluations in the United States that give as full of a picture of climbing than with Dr. Vagy. You learn exactly what is needed to stay healthy in the long-term. A climber of any level can benefit from this evaluation no matter if you’re just starting out or are a seasoned pro who’s been climbing for most of their life. I highly recommend Dr. Vagy if you are seeking to boost your climbing performance beyond the traditional training realm.
Mayan Gobat-Smith: Women’s Speed Record on The Nose
The remote consultation would be a huge benefit to climbers to learn to use your body more efficiently. Gaining strength in a more balanced way to promote long-term health and help prevent injury. The videos made the remote consultation very interactive. I thought it was excellent, above my exceptions for sure!
Mike Anderson: Rock Prodigy Training Method
To have an in-person evaluation from Dr. Vagy was very helpful and I feel fortunate to have that opportunity. He is a climber and the expert in Physical Therapy for climbing injuries. As a result, he knows how to target detailed assessments specifically to climbing. At my age for as long as I have been climbing, I’m looking for any way to improve and Dr. Vagy was able to identify a huge potential area for me and I’m now super psyched to work on that.
Dan Mirsky: 5.14c First Ascensionist
Dr. Vagy does an excellent job of analyzing and presenting a cohesive picture how your body works and doesn’t work, your movement patterns, muscle imbalances. He helps you to achieve an understanding about the connectivity of your body so you can fix problems in, heal injuries, improve strength and flexibility all in a truly effective longterm way.
Matt Segal: 5.14 Traditional Climber
I love climbing and at the end of the day Dr. Vagy helps me stay injury free and climb stronger. The climber evaluation is one of the most helpful learning experiences. Dr. Vagy helped me come to my own conclusions about my body and movement in relation to climbing. It wasn’t just a simple diagnostic but a discussion and education on how to train and prevent injuries to keep me doing what I love.
Hazel Findlay: First British Woman to Climb a Trad Route at E9
Working with Dr. Vagy has been really beneficial for my shoulder! The remote consultation is extremely helpful in understanding the nature of your injury and learning exactly how to fix it. It’s perfect for people who travel because it doesn’t require continuous visits to the Physio and gives you a targeted plan of exercises which can be done anywhere. It is very scientific. For every exercise you’re guided through the mechanisms of the body so you not only know what to do but also understand how the exercise is helping you.
What to Expect
It is important to align your expectations with your climbing evaluation. Below are some frequently asked questions to help you learn what to expect with during your evaluation and follow-up sessions.
Who Can Benefit?
What Should I Expect During the Evaluation?
- Interview: A complete patient interview is conducted to determine your mechanism of injury, medical history, rehabilitative needs and goals.
- Determine the source: A thorough assessment of the mobility of your joints, the strength and flexibility of your muscles and the integrity of your neuro and vascular system is carried out. It is in this stage that the source of your problem is identified.
- Determine the cause: The clinical information obtained during the exam is factored into components of your patient history and your specific movement patterns to determine the causative and contributing reasons for your problem.
- Develop your plan: A treatment plan is developed incorporating your goals, the pain source and the causative and contributing factors that are leading to your problem. Doctor Vagy will sit down with you and discuss your individual goals. With your input, he will work to develop an injury prevention plan that is specifically designed to meet your needs.
What Should I Expect during Follow-up Visits?
- Manual Therapy: Joint Mobilization, Soft Tissue Massage and Mobilization and Stretching
- Therapeutic Exercise: Endurance, Strength and Power training
- Taping and Bracing: Kinesiotape, Leukotape and Athletic Tape
- Neuromuscular Re-education: Balance, Coordination and Dynamic training