- Designed to strengthen and balance the muscles of the hand, wrist and forearm
- Super-effective for rehab or prevention of climbing-related finger, wrist and elbow injuries
- Exercises the hand through a full, natural range of motion
- An essential tool for serious climbers
- Includes step-by-step instructions
What is the Metolius GripSaver Plus?
This tool helps strengthen the finger extensor muscles and tendons in the back of the hand, wrist and fingers. Perform isometric holds at varied angles to mirror the muscle actions of the fingers while climbing.
How Long Do I Perform the Exercises For?
Perform for 3 sets of 30 seconds. Your hold times during the 30 seconds will vary based on your preferred style of climbing—they should be roughly the same length of time you grip holds on the rock (see chart below).
How Do You Use the Metolius GripSaver Plus?
Place your fingers through the holes, hold your hand in the chosen of climbing specific position, and press your fingers outward on the device until your feel tension in the back of your fingers, wrist and forearms.