The goal of the Rock Climbing Special Interest group is to provide an environment for Physical Therapy Students to learn through mentorship, guidance, panels, and article reviews about the management of rock climbing injuries.
Who can apply:
Any physical therapy student entering their 2nd or 3rd year with a GPA of > 3.3
Meetings will be held monthly via zoom throughout the Fall and Spring semesters. There will be seven total meetings. Each meeting will consist of a research article review followed by a case based scenario that involves clinical reasoning to assess and treat rock climbing injuries.
Throughout the year, you will be mentored in the process of writing an article on a topic of your choice related to rock climbing injuries.
Application Due Date:
Applications are now open for the 2024 cohort. Applications are due by September 20th 2023 and will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- Jared Vagy PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS – Director
- Kevin Cowell, PT, DPT, OCS – Officer
- Julien Descheneaux PHT. MSC – Officer
- Todd Bushman PT, DPT – Teaching Assistant
- Carly Post PT, DPT – Teaching Assistant
- Sam Lemminger PT, DPT – Junior Teaching Assistant
- Aaron Simon PT, DPT, CSCS – Junior Teaching Assistant
- Jacquelyn Brown PT, DPT, CSCS – Junior Teaching Assistant
- Jennifer Yarin PT, DPT – Junior Teaching Assistant
- Joseph Manoles SDPT – Junior Teaching Assistant
- Ben Moore SDPT – Junior Teaching Assistant
- Evan Schneider SDPT – Junior Teaching Assistant
None. This is the faculty’s way to “give back” to students of physical therapy with our knowledge and expertise of managing rock climbing injuries.
To improve your likelihood of selection for the SIG, make sure to be detailed and descriptive with your answers to the question and prompts. Tell your story, highlight your interests, and share your passion!