- Identify how to assess the most common climbing injuries in the neck and shoulders
- Understand how to apply The Movement System to assess and classify a climber with neck or shoulder pain
- Apply classifications of mobility deficits, muscle performance deficits and movement coordination impairments to rock climbers
- Organize your interventions into a progressive pyramid to return a rock climber back to full function
- Understand how to address education, mobility, muscle performance, and technique for a climber with neck or shoulder pain
- Develop specific interventions targeted at the neck and shoulder that are tailored to measured impairments in rock climbers
- Beginner to Intermediate
- The content is created for medical providers, however coaches and athletes can also take the course to learn more about the assessment and treatment of shoulder and neck injuries
- 2 sections of pre-recorded lectures on climbing injury covering 12 topics
- Video library of rehabilitation exercises
- Video Runtime: 110 min
- Learning Assessments: 24 min
- Course completion certificate for 257 minutes (4.3 hrs) of course material
Is there a discount for Physical Therapy Students?
- Yes! In order to support the growth and develop of physical therapy students, we have created a coupon code for 20% any course. Email your student ID to email@example.com to receive a coupon code for 20% off of the course.
Continuing Education Course Access
- Participants have unlimited con-ed course lecture video access for 11 months after enrollment
- All continuing ed course PDFs are downloadable allowing lifetime access
- Section 1: Common climbing shoulder injuries, using the movement system to treat a climber’s shoulder, shoulder mobility assessment, shoulder muscle performance assessment, scapular and humeral movement, thoracic and cervical movement
- Section 2: Unload the tissues, increase mobility, improve muscle performance, and train movement
- Jared Vagy is a doctor of physical therapy with a focus on treating rock climbing injuries. In addition to his doctoral degree, he has completed a one-year residency in orthopedics and a one-year fellowship in movement science. He is the author of the Amazon #1 best-seller “Climb Injury-Free,” has published numerous articles on injury prevention and lectures on the topic internationally. Dr. Vagy is on the teaching faculty at the University of Southern California, one of the top doctor of physical therapy programs in the United States. He is a board-certified orthopedic clinical specialist and a certified strength and conditioning specialist. He is passionate about climbing and enjoys working with climbers of all ability levels, ranging from novice climbers to the top professional climbers in the world.
Money Back Guarantee
- There is a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not satisfied with this product for any reason, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number to process a refund.
- Check with your registration body and state board to see if this course qualifies for continuing education credits. Rules and regulations vary per jurisdiction, so it is your reasonability to seek course approval. We are happy to provide the documentation needed to submit for individual approval upon request. Requests can be submitted to email@example.com.
- The purchase of any “online course” can be used toward enrollment fees in the Rock Rehab Course Series. For example, when you purchase this course for $110 and choose to enroll at a future date in the Rock Rehab Course Series then you will receive $110 off your course series enrollment fee.