Read This First
- If you have access to an ultrasound unit, it is recommended that you take the Diagnostic Ultrasound: Climbing Finger Injuries – Hybrid Level 2 course instead.
- What is the difference between the Level 1 and Level 2 course? The level 1 course is fully online and provides all of the necessary lectures, demonstrations, and learning assessments to gain an introductory understanding of using diagnostic ultrasound to assess finger injuries in rock climbers. The level 2 course includes the level 1 online content, a 4 hour remote live session via zoom where you will practice with your device, and access to James Walker, the course instructor, for image interpretation as you learn to use diagnostic ultrasound.
- If I take the level 1 course and want to take the level 2 after, how does that work? At the end of the level 1 course, you will be provided with a discount code equal to the cost of the level 1 course ($250) that can be used toward enrollment fees for the level 2 course.
- Understand the precautions and contraindications related to the use of diagnostic ultrasound
- Learn how to assess and diagnose finger injuries in rock climbers with diagnostic ultrasound
- Utilize ultrasound diagnostics to aid in the management of musculoskeletal rock climbing finger injuries
- Extensive video library of step-by-step instructions for the set up and use of diagnostic ultrasound for finger injuries
- 160 minutes of pre-recorded lectures on the use of ultrasound for finger injuries
- 60 minutes of learning assessments reviewing diagnostic imaging and concepts
- Course completion certificate for 220 minutes (3.6 hrs) of course material
Is there a discount for Physical Therapy Students?
- Yes! In order to support the growth and develop of physical therapy students, we have created a coupon code for 20% any course. Email your student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a coupon code for 20% off of the course.
- Access to diagnostic ultrasound is not necessary to take the online level 1 course. However, it is recommend to have access to a unit if you are taking the hybrid format level 2 course so that you can practice in realtime with the instructor and refine your skills. Unit discount codes and recommendations are provide with enrollment in the level 2 course.
Continuing Education Content Access
- Participants have unlimited con-ed course lecture video access for 11 months after enrollment
- All continuing ed course PDFs are downloadable allowing lifetime access
- Unit 1: Introduction to Ultrasound
- Unit 2: Practical Use
- Unit 3: Specific Injuries
- Unit 4: Clinical Application
- James Walker, BSc Hons Physiotherapy, PGCert Medical Diagnostic Ultrasound: James is a Senior Physiotherapist at the Sheffield Climbing Clinic. He qualified from Sheffield Hallam University with a BSc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy in 2009. After qualifying, James quickly specialized in musculoskeletal physiotherapy and has worked in both the National Health Service and the private sector. He has a PGCert in Medical Diagnostic Ultrasound attained from the University of Derby. In his spare time James is a keen climber, climbing at the indoor walls in Sheffield as well as the Peak District on a regular basis. He has a specialist interest in treating climbing injuries and treats climbers on a daily basis at the clinic as well as consulting with climbers remotely all around the world. He attended the IFSC World Climbing Championships 2021 in Moscow and the IFSC European Climbing Championships in Munich 2022 as the GB Climbing team physiotherapist.
- Jared Vagy, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist: Jared Vagy is a doctor of physical therapy with a focus on treating rock climbing injuries. In addition to his doctoral degree, he has completed a one-year residency in orthopedics and a one-year fellowship in movement science. He is the author of the Amazon #1 best-seller “Climb Injury-Free,” has published numerous articles on injury prevention and lectures on the topic internationally. Dr. Vagy is on the teaching faculty at the University of Southern California, one of the top doctor of physical therapy programs in the United States. He is a board-certified orthopedic clinical specialist and a certified strength and conditioning specialist. He is passionate about climbing and enjoys working with climbers of all ability levels, ranging from novice climbers to the top professional climbers in the world.
Money Back Guarantee
- There is a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not satisfied with this product for any reason, email email@example.com with your order number to process a refund.
- Check with your registration body and state board to see if this course qualifies for continuing education credits. Rules and regulations vary per jurisdiction, so it is your reasonability to seek course approval. We are happy to provide the documentation needed to submit for individual approval upon request. Requests can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course content is not intended for use by any participants outside the scope of their license or regulation.