The Weekend Warrior Show is ESPN’s most successful Los Angeles Radio Program and Podcast. It is hosted by World Renowned Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Robert Klapper. Dr. Klapper is the Director of Joint Replacement Program Orthopedic Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and is a leader in minimally invasive surgical technique. He is a writer, sculptor, and surfer. Hopefully, after this episode, he will also be a climber!
Doctor Klapper focuses this episode on rock climbing and relates climbing to all elements of life. The episode is recommended to the general public to gain a global understanding of rock climbing and how Jared Vagy got into treating climbers.
If you are a climber looking for rehabilitation advice, you can check out more detailed podcast interviews from Training Beta, Power Company Climbing. Mountain Meister, Enormocast and Chalk Talk.
In this episode, Doctor Klapper asks Jared Vagy the following questions:
- How did you get involved in treating rock climbers?
- Why has rock climbing gotten so popular?
- What injuries have you personally sustained climbing?
- What are the most common climbing injuries and why?
- How is assessing a rock climber different than other sports?
- What is a lesson from rock climbing that can be applied to anyone, even if they don’t climb?
If you like the episode, make sure to check out The Weekend Warrior Show every Saturday from 7am-9am.
Climbing is a rapidly growing sport and it is starting to gain international mainstream appeal. As climbers, the more that we can educate the public on the sport, the more we can shape the public’s perception in a positive way.